What Is Homecare Floating Support?
Homecare Floating Support is a free short-term service to people who are having difficulties managing their home and staying independent in the community.
What Can I Get Help With?
- Housing Support
- Filling in Forms/Writing Letters
- Befriending and Encouragement
- Help Overcoming Addictions
- Managing Your Money
- Healthy Eating Plans
- Employment and Training Assistance
- Managing Your Home
- Emotional Support
We Cannot Help You...
- Carry out any nursing duties
- Do any formal counselling
- Assist with personal hygiene
- Do any cleaning
Who Is The Service Available To?
The service is available to over 25s and families living in any type of accommodation including homeowners. You may need support because you are moving into new or unsupported accommodation, or having difficulties in your current accommodation or are living in temporary accommodation.
We cannot offer this service to those with Schedule1 Offences and Sex Offences.
How Can I Get Support?
If you are homeless, at risk of homelessness or feel you need support or assistance with housing related issues, please call 0344 892 0900 and ask to be put through to your local Northern Ireland Housing Executive district office or call in, in person. Just simply ask to be referred to Homecare Floating Support Service.
How Long Will I Wait Before I Hear From You?
We will contact you within 5 days of receiving the referral and let you know if you are eligible or not. If you are not eligible we will advise you of any other services that might be available to help.
We Will Offer You...
- Support that is person-centered with individuality respected and supported
- A confidential ear to listen
- A designated Project worker to work with you one to one
- Non - judgemental approach
- Regular home visits
- Participation in needs assessment and support planning
- Assistance to reach your goals
- Help in times of need
- A fair and efficient service
We understand that confidentiality is very important and we will work to safeguard information about you. All information is stored securely. The only time we may have to pass on information is if we are concerned that you may put the safety of yourself or others at risk. Where possible we will inform you first.
All of your records are stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.