Palliative Care at home helps improve the quality of life for patients and their families who are facing the problems associated with life threatening illness.
Providing treatments for pain relief, while delivering high quality care and dignity, gives the person the choice to remain at home and offers respite to the family.
It Addresses the Needs of Patients Who Have:
- advanced and incurable diseases
- incurable cancer
- neurological disorders
- cardiac and respiratory diseases.
Palliative care aims to make the end of the patient’s life as comfortable as possible.
What We Can Offer:
- High quality care and dignity specialised pain relief for patients
- emotional support for patients and family members
- provide information about treatments and side effects
We have a multi disciplinary team comprising of:
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Health Care workers (NVQ/Fetac trained)
- Social Workers
Benefits to the Patients and Families
- To remain at home surrounded by family and friends
- To have professional and emotional support from experienced and trained nurses
- Respite for families and carers
A Partnership Approach
The aim and purpose of our Nursing service is to work in partnership with the Trusts and HSE healthcare professionals and also the extended multi disciplinary team to provide a safe and appropriate package of care for the patient.