As a nursing agency, Homecare nursing services offer Continuing Healthcare to people within the comfort of their own home. Continuing Care is provided over an extended period of time to meet any physical or mental health needs that have arisen as a result of disability, an accident or illness.
It enables the Northern Ireland Trusts or the Health Service Executive (HSE) in the South to transfer the management and delivery of healthcare packages with varying levels of complexity to the home care environment.
People Who Are Eligible for Continuing Care
Your local Trust will carry out an assessment if you:
- have a complex medical condition that requires care and support
- need highly specialised nursing support
We have a multi disciplinary team comprising of:
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Health Care workers (NVQ/Fetac trained)
- Social Workers
Examples of where there is a need for Continuing Care Within the Home are:
- Through Illnesses or Accidents
- Ventilator Dependent
- Spinal Injuries
- Acquired Brain Injuries
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Cardiac Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Cancer sufferers
Benefits to the Client
- Delivering high quality care and dignity, gives the patient the choice to remain at home and offers respite to the family.
- Remaining in the comfort of your own home, surrounded by personal belongings, friends and family, increases well-being.
- More choice for the patient, as our professionally trained team offer a tailored care package to meet the patient’s needs ensuring consistency and continuity of staff.
Benefits to HSE/Trusts:
The benefits of enabling the transfer and delivery of this service, offer significant savings to the HSE/Trusts.
- The ability to free up hospital beds /units
- The ability to reduce re-admissions
- The ability to improve bed management
- The overall ability to reduce costs by more effective use of resources
A Partnership Approach
The aim and purpose of our Nursing service is to work in partnership with the Trusts and HSE healthcare professionals and also the extended multi disciplinary team to provide a safe and appropriate package of care for the patient.